Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A Weird Week



It's been a weird week without you.

It was weird being at Thanksgiving without you sitting near me eating plain Pringles and turkey sandwiches on white bread with Miracle Whip.

It was weird planning the kids' Christmas gifts without your input.

It was weird putting up the Christmas tree without you.  Joey taught Sophie how to put the angel on just like you showed him.

It was weird to eat at Cici's with just Sophie.  Quiet, sort of, and just weird.  Is this the new normal people talk about?  It's weird and I don't like it.

It was weird being in the Farmington movie theater without you.  Unlike the other theaters, it hasn't changed at all.

It was weird being at home and wanting to go out to eat or run around and not being able to.  I mean, I guess I could have gone alone or with Sophie but I just wanted to hang out with you.  I wanted to dream with you and talk about the coming holidays and just be near you.

I couldn't.  It was sad and it was weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment