Saturday, November 11, 2017

Ears and Tears

Yesterday after her dentist appointment Sophie saw another girl about her age getting her ears pierced and decided she wanted to do it too.  I guess we started talking about it last spring but she never really seemed quite ready.  Once she even said that she didn't want to keep the same earrings in for 6 weeks.  *giggle*  The picture shows her in tears, but only because the first one hurt.  Not for long (she said 4 seconds) and after a few minutes of calming her down she was ready for the second.  I was so proud of her.  She is fearless.

Joey is in a terrible mood tonight.  I don't know why.  Just like always.  I don't know why.  I needed his help to get your monitor working and he just kept huffing and puffing the whole time.  Later, I just knocked on his door to kiss him goodnight and he was curt, dismissive and mean.  I don't know how I can do this without you.  You seemed to have a better connection with him and I know you were so much more empathetic than I am.  How?  How do I do this?  How do I connect with him?  How do I show him how much I love him?  How can I help him through days like this?  

I need you to tell me its going to be okay.  I need you to be the bridge.  I need you to hold me.  

My head feels like I am wearing a concrete helmet over it.  My loneliness feels like a noose.  My heart hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment