Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Waiting for a Sign

Last night was the first REAL night.  You know, the first real night that the three of us were just here. 

I opened cards, browsed emails, cried.  There are so many flowers in the house.  There is so much fried chicken in the house.

Sophie is sleeping in your spot in our bed.  I don't know if it is best or not but I'm glad she's there.  Joey is still sleeping.  He was pretty quiet last night.

I didn't sleep well last night.  Not at all.  I've had several friends contact me and tell me to look for signs that you are still with us.  They've said that they had experienced things that comforted them.  One had some funny things happen with electronics, another felt a touch when no one was there and another kept finding gifts that reminded her of a personal joke she and her hubby shared.

I kept waking up hoping for some kind of sign.  Was the iPad thing your way of letting me know that you were okay?  Is that even possible?  I wanted you to appear to me in my dreams or to find a secret letter you had left me or hear a message or something.  I don't know. 

I was just restless waiting for some kind of sign from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment