Sunday, January 28, 2018

No Regrets


The current sermon series is about regrets.  I've struggled to really find many things that I regret.  That should probably be disturbing, but I don't know.  I have no regrets with you.  We loved completely and told each other that often.  We loved our kids like crazy.  We came clean with each other when needed and I hope that we both tried our best to build each other up.

We may be the lucky ones, you know.  So many people can't say that.  I've told some that we didn't have any unfinished business.  We talked about everything together even when it was uncomfortable, even when we didn't want to, even when we tried to lie our way through it only to confess and lay ourselves open and exposed to the other.  I wonder how many people get to say that. 

God blessed us.  He blessed me by giving me someone with the gift of discernment, with unbridled compassion and the most forgiving heart I've ever known.  I still don't understand it really, but I have no regrets about our life together.

My only regret is that it all ended too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment