Monday, December 31, 2018

A Legacy of Movies

In about an hour I will have lived an entire calendar year without you.  I'm sure you knew that I could do it and by the grace of God the kids are doing okay.  It seems like just yesterday we were together.  Weird that it feels like that but every day this year felt like an eternity.  I can't really explain that.

On our trip to Branson this year Sophie picked up a stuffed Beta Max doll from the movie Big Hero 6.  You introduced her to that movie and watched it more nights than I can count to get her to go to sleep.  Your mom teared up just a little when she saw it.

Today, Sophie wanted to watch Jack Frost.  She hadn't watched it since the last time she saw it with you.  When I asked her where it was (Netflix, Vudu, etc...)  she said "I don't know.  Daddy always knew how to find it for me."  We talked about you a bit and the movie and then we watched it together.  God how I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment